Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 12:09 AM
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a client-centered, recovery-oriented behavioral health service delivery model. ACT is designed specifically for persons who have the most severe and persistent mental illnesses, have severe symptoms and impairments, and who historically have not benefited from traditional outpatient programs.
The Mental Health Clinician is an integral part of the trans-disciplinary Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team, providing counseling and support to clients and their families in order to promote wellness, recovery and rehabilitation. Responsibilities are implemented within the framework of agency policy, professional ethics and regulatory guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
A. JOB DUTIES
1. Collaborate with ACT team staff re: service planning and treatment plans
2. Provide staff and client consultations for identified family issues.
3. Provides individual, couple and family therapy and agency outreach.
4. Maintain confidentiality of records relating to clients' treatment.
5. Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships.
6. Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
7. Assess patients for risk of suicide attempts.
8. Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
9. Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
10. Counsel clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
11. Those Clinicians that specialize in substance abuse should be able to facilitate educational and support groups on harm reduction and relapse prevention.
12. Those Clinicians that specialize in substance abuse need to perform comprehensive substance abuse assessments of all clients.
13. Guide clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
14. Perform crisis interventions with clients.
15. Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
16. Collaborate with team in assisting that treatment plans are in line with progress notes.
17. Perform other related work as assigned.
18. Participate in on-call crisis phone rotation
B. CORE VALUES
Demonstrate personal and interpersonal qualities that support the core values and mission of CHOICES, Inc. and its programs. Have an unwavering belief in the power and possibility of recovery and absolutely believe that all individuals can lead full, rich and productive lives.
MISSION: Consumers having ownership in creating effective services (CHOICES)
PRINCIPLES OF RECOVERY:
Recovery is holistic, embraces culture, supported by peers, self-directed, springs from hope, and is a reality.
Rehabilitation services are person-centered, involve family and friends, anchored in the community, strength-based, use peer supports and honor partnerships.
CORE VALUES: Services are flexible, comprehensive, wellness driven and effective
REQUIRED ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Masters level Clinician
2. Able to pass an extensive state and federal background check.
3. Have negative TB test results
4. Have valid AK driver's license with clean driving record for 5 years as well as personal transportation.
5. Knowledge of AKAIMS preferred but not required
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Outlook.
7. Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of harm reduction theory / applications.
9. Experience or training in community based services for families preferred.
10. Experience with dually diagnosed population preferred.
11. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an EEO, ADA, & AA employer
This Job Description reflects CHOICES, Inc.'s best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities, or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract. Your signature indicates you have read this Job Description and understand the essential functions and essential qualifications of the job.
Duties performed are 50% in office setting and 50% out in the community. Frequent walking. Long periods of sitting, as well as some long periods of walking. Some lifting of 20 lbs or less and some stooping, squatting and bending.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Location: Anchorage, Anchorage, AK
• Post ID: 6108472 alaska